Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Trapped  by Misty

//Drip…drip…drip. The water droplets splashed on Aragorn's face.

"What are you doing?" Aragorn asked lazily. He was too contented to open his eyes. It was an idyllic summer day. He and his brothers had spent most of the afternoon swimming and diving into their favorite lake. After a leisurely lunch, Aragorn had stretched out on the bank and closed his eyes. And apparently, one of his brothers thought that he looked too peaceful.

"You looked hot, brother. I was merely trying to cool you off. We can't have you getting overheated, now can we?"

"I thank you for your concern, El." Aragorn was hoping that if he did not respond, his brother would get bored and leave him alone. But he was not to be so lucky. Drip…drip…drip. Aragorn opened one eye to see Elrohir leaning over him, holding a dripping cloth directly over his face. Opening his other eye, he looked up at Elrohir. "Do you have plans on stopping any time soon?"

"No," Elrohir replied with an unrepentant grin.

"Very well," Aragorn said. He launched himself from his reclining position into his brother, propelling the both of them back into the lake. When they surfaced, they spent the next few minutes trying to dunk each other. Elladan, not wanting to be left out, jumped into the water and joined in the game.

As Aragorn climbed out of the water once more, he turned to find the twins staring at him from the water. "El?" Aragorn asked, looking at them in confusion. This wasn't how the day had gone. This wasn't right.

"We are coming for you," Elladan said somberly.

"Hold on, Aragorn. Just wait for us," Elrohir said.


Suddenly, Aragorn found himself lying on the ground, surrounded by dead orcs. He frowned. How did he get here from the lake? He turned his head to look around, and groaned as pain spiked through his head.

"He's over here, El! I found him!" Elrohir knelt by his side. Aragorn tried to look at him, but found himself unable to move. Elrohir must have seen the attempt, for he placed his hand on Aragorn's brow. "Don't move, Aragorn. You are badly hurt. The battle was won, but at high cost. Relax now. We will take you home and Ada will heal you. Just rest, you are safe now."

Aragorn gave in and surrendered to the darkness as a feeling of safety settled over him. He was hurt, but he was safe in the arms of his family. All would be well.//





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List