Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Drabble by Any Other Name...?  by docmon

"Out! Out!" The twentieth orc ran out of the Main Hall of Barad-dûr. Sauron let out a howl of frustration. He had just had it! Up to …well, his neck, if he had had one. What was it about orcs that they couldn't hang icicle lights properly? And just look at how the tree tilted! All the ornaments and candles were hanging to one side. Oh, but they were an ornery lot. Ah! He knew if you wanted a job done right you had to do it yourself. But there was still that pesky problem of incorporeality. Nevertheless, he had a right to proper decorations for the holidays, just as much as anyone else. He worked hard all year to be the best Dark Lord he could be. If he was to succeed in getting all of Middle-earth to bow in subjugation before him, he was going to have to start this new year right. But for now, he would focus on getting this greenery and lights properly hung up. Then there was all that wrapping to be done… Ah, well, best to try again.

And Sauron called in the twenty-first orc to hang his Yuletide decorations for him just to his liking.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List