Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Yule Mathoms 2005  by Gwynnyd

prompt for December 22 - 2 laughing lovers

~~~

Stolen Kisses are Always Sweeter

The little door led nowhere but to a scrap of ledge, with a magnificent view over the Pelennor from the precarious angle where the parapet met the wall. As he passed the spot and heard giggling from the other side, Faramir had a visceral memory of his much-younger self maneuvering a cuddly armful of girl into the place where the wind pushed her into his arms and the inevitable kiss. Had he ever told his son where to find this perfect spot for a tryst? He could not remember, and Elboron was certainly too old to need such information now. Unfortunately, Faramir’s memories did contain the interruption by the guard and the lecture from his father on how dangerous the place was; he supposed he ought to be the responsible adult and chase the couple inside with the same stern admonitions.

Opening the door, he saw the queen - ecstatic, laughing and disheveled – with a man’s dark head buried in the loosened neckline of her gown. Faramir froze.

“Faramir!” Arwen called out happily.

The man raised his head, and saw him.

Smiling, Aragorn gathered his wife casually in one arm, and held out his other hand in greeting. “You’re early.”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List