Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Comfort  by Anso the Hobbit

To Mel, my very own Pippin: Feel better soon, dear!

Title: Comfort

Author: Anso the Hobbit

Characters: Frodo, Pippin, Sam, Merry, Bilbo

Rating: G and F for fluff

Summary: How many blankets does a hobbit need to feel comfortable?

Note: Because hobbits are snugly creatures and I like to cuddle them. Not betaed.

Disclaimer: Sadly enough not mine. They just own me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE

Frodo sighed as he watched two small and thoroughly wet lads make their way up through Bag End’s garden, one sandy and one golden head huddled together as they tried to stay as dry as possible as they ran. The rain had caught them unawares and the chill autumn wind did not make the situation better. Frodo turned to look at Bilbo behind him, and the old hobbit nodded. "I’ll get the baths ready. Will you put a blanket in front of the fire and put the kettle on?"

Frodo agreed. He went to the blanket chest and took out the largest, softest and warmest blanket he could find and placed it on the rug in front of the parlour fire. It was so large that two chilled lads would have more than enough room under there to get warmed up again. Frodo stoked up the fire and went to put on the kettle.

Bathed and warm with wet hair and red faces and bright eyes each lad was dressed in a flannel night shirt before Sam and Merry were placed on the sofa close to the fire and Bilbo wrapped the enormous blanket tightly about them. Frodo handed them each a mug of sweet tea. Bilbo told them the story of how he had ridden on the barrel and he hadn’t even finished before both lads were fast asleep.

Bilbo looked at Frodo and smiled. “Excellent work, my lad. They should be comfortable now. Let’s go make supper so that we have something to feed these two hungry wolves when they wake up again.” Frodo laughed and looked fondly at the sleeping huddle of hobbit lads, sandy and golden curls mingling with each other so that the watching Bagginses didn’t quite know where Sam began and Merry ended.

TBC





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List