Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Forgiveness  by Estelle

Forgiveness
By: Estelle

Rating: G

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine and they will never be. I just take them out for a joyride.

Beta: Karri

Author’s Note: This is an excerpt from the story “To Err is Human”. It will make more sense after you read it. Basically, it’s a scene between Aragorn and Legolas. However, I'm not done with that story yet so I guess you'll have to wait for a while. Sorry about that :)

Summary: Double drabble. Legolas’ thoughts as his guilt-ridden friend help him through a difficult time.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I let out another groan as I retch into the basin. It has been hours since I was forced to drink the potion that has rendered me completely helpless, forcing me to depend solely on my friend to hold me upright as my body rids itself of the poison. As the last bout of sickness passes, I feel his hand tremble as he brushes back some stray hair that is plastered to my face. I can see the pain and guilt in his eyes. The pain he feels is no less than what I am feeling... perhaps even more. It was, after all, because of his error that I ended up like this.

“I'm so sorry,” he murmurs repeatedly as he lowers me onto the bed.

His voice cracks and I hear him trying to suppress a sob, tears of shame course down his cheeks and splatter onto my arm.

I want to tell him that I forgive him, but the words won't form, my body too exhausted to do what the mind commands.

'I forgive you, my friend. Please forgive yourself,' I plead in my mind. I will tell him when I'm able to but now, I must rest...

-The End-





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List