Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Waiting  by Estelle

Waiting
By: Wanda


Rating: PG

Disclaimer: The characters are not mine and they will never be. I just take them out for a joyride.

Author’s Note: A double drabble. Nothing too dramatic. LOL!

Additional Notes: I have heeded Karri's suggestion and changed this drabble to present tense. :)

Summary: A father’s thoughts as he sits with his wounded son.


o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I cradle the body in my arms, ignoring the blood that is slowly seeping through the thick bandages around his chest. The healers have done all they can and have left me alone with my grief. They have informed me that unless he awakens in the next few
hours, I should be prepared for the worst. I sit on the bed listening to his labored breathing and watching his chest rise and fall in an irregular rhythm.


"Please wake up, ion nín," I whisper as I stroke his deathly pale face. "Your people need you. *I* need you." I plead with Mandos to spare the life of this youngling. 'You have already taken my beloved; please leave me something to remember her by.' My son has brought much joy into my life, but now he lay dying in my arms. Every breath he takes might be his last.


My thoughts are interrupted when a soft moan flits into my ears and I find myself staring into a pair of silver-blue eyes. They are slightly unfocused but open nonetheless.

"Adar." The single word breaks down the emotional dam that I have erected. I bury my face into his hair and cry.


- The End -





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List