Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Trouble with Love  by GamgeeFest

Disclaimer - I do not own LOTR, I just obsess about it all day.

 

 

Awhile back, I wrote two ficlets called “The Trouble with Lasses” and “The Trouble with Lads” as part of the “Of Merry and Pippin” series. Both stories centered around a single day and event (Merry and Estella’s first kiss) and was told from three different POVs: Pippin, Merry and Estella.

There was a fourth Hobbit involved in the events that took place that day, and she was in fact the one responsible for nearly everything that happened. That Hobbit would be Pervinca Took. However, I did not write her POV at the time as I felt the scene had been played to its fullest.

For her birthday, Dreamflower requested a follow up to those stories, from the “mastermind’s” POV. The plot bunny bit me hard and was unrelenting. This story is the result.

This story takes place many years after the original stories, at the Great Smials in Rethe 1418 SR. Pippin is about to turn 28, Pervinca and Estella are 32, Merry is 35, and Everard is 38 (or 18, 21, 23, and 24 in Man years).

Herein follows "The Trouble With Love: Observations and Musings by Pervinca Took." 
 
 
 
 
GF 7/26/05





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List