Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Courtship of Peregrin Took  by PIppinfan1988

“Are you warm yet?”

“Mmmm,” Pippin wiggled his toes in reflection. Sitting beside his intended wife, Pippin felt utterly relaxed, warm, and cozy.

Diamond giggled, “I’m usually the one snuggling up to you seeking for warmth!”

“I don’t normally ride straight on for hours and miles in the cold, wintry wind.” Pippin shivered at the thought then pulled the blanket they shared round himself a bit more.

Now, they sat alone, in near privacy--the doors of the parlour wide open. The only light in the room came from the hallway and the fire in the hearth. They both sat upon a settle before the fireplace, nestled beside one another sharing the blanket Diamond wore round her shoulders earlier--and warming their toes near the fire.

Pippin smiled. He could not get over the fact that he would soon be able to participate in conversations with his cousins that spoke of wives and children. Children! Pippin wanted at least four. He leaned over to kiss his sweetheart for the hundredth time that evening.

Diamond would easily lose herself in Pippin’s kisses, finally having to release herself so that she could breathe. She would have to practice holding her breath a lot longer! She rested her head upon his shoulder, taking great pleasure in dreaming about their nuptials, commencing life together for forever. She smiled, thinking about all the children they would have. She heard somewhere that they were cheaper by the dozen…

“Pippin?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Pippin spoke sleepily, his eyelids growing heavy. “I know--let’s get married.”

Diamond giggled, then kissed him.

The Final End!





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List