Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Fated  by Elvenesse

Fated

“You stand now before me. A great lord, or so you think. You mean to chase Morgoth across the sea. It is folly. What is more, you have entangled my sons and all your people in this doom. Ten thousand swords would not avail you.”

“I do not fear Morgoth,” Fëanor snarled. “You would steal my sons from me and turn them craven, I will not allow it.”

Nerdanel pushed back her anger, “Please, for the love you once bore me and the bond we share, leave me but one child. Seven sons I suckled at my breast and you would take them all.”

“Nay, wife, our children have sworn to follow me. I will not be hindered by pain or death, as it will not hinder them. For if we die, Morgoth shall join us in the Halls of Mandos.

“Go! Leave me now. Yet know you this: Seven sons go with you to the shores of Aman. Yet six only shall reach Middle-earth.” The words came as suddenly as the images: fire, death, always fire. Nerdanel turned from Fëanor, struggling to hold back the tears that had threatened to come when the vision released her, and walked away.


*****

A/N: Written for Allie_Meril's birthday.

Disclaimer: Tolkien’s world and all his characters belong to Tolkien Estates, New Line Cinema, etc. This is done for the purpose of enjoyment only and I receive no money for playing in such a wonderful sandbox.





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List