Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Procrastination  by Elvenesse

Procrastination

Boromir, will you please stop pacing. I am trying to finish this essay,” complained Faramir as he made notes from the pile of books scattered across the table in front of him. “If you have completed your work, then find a book to read, go running, anything!”

“Of course I have not done my work,” Boromir replied. “It is boring.”

“Whereas pacing the room in an attempt to avoid doing anything looks like a lot more fun.”

“Fine!” Boromir threw himself into the chair and picked up a quill.

A few minutes later Faramir looked up to find his brother sketching pictures of naked women, and sighed in exasperation. “In less than a year you will have finished your training and will be an officer in the army. It is not like father or our tutors expect you to do much work.”

“I cannot see how this will help me in any of the council sessions.”

Faramir growled, “Here, take my notes and finish the essay.”

Boromir smiled happily, and quickly read through the notes before scrawling out his answer. When he had finished he threw his quill down and stood, saying, “There. If Father asks, tell him I am in the practise yards.”

*******

A/N: Written for Aliana.

Disclaimer: Tolkien’s world and all his characters belong to Tolkien Estates, New Line Cinema, etc. This is done for the purpose of enjoyment only and I receive no money for playing in such a wonderful sandbox.





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List