Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

Éowyn: The city has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun. It grows so cold.

Faramir: It’s just the damp of the first spring rain. I do not believe this darkness will endure.

Eowyn looked at Faramir hopefully. She did not know why being held close during this dark time was so comforting. Faramir seemed to look better, recovering as the days passed by. There was a shadow but there was also hope. She and this young man shared similarities they could only understand.

After finding each other’s hands and standing close to each other, Faramir was first to speak words of comfort that made her less fearful. Her dreams had been dark as of late. She wonders about the him and what he had lost. Merry had spoken about Boromir to her.

“I am sorry about your brother– we knew Boromir to be a most formidable warrior.” Eowyn tried to offer her condolences. 


“Thank you, my lady.” Faramir’s eyes looked deeply grieved at the mention.

“We seem to be no strangers to loss but hope we can see the day when our soldiers return from the Black Gate.”

“They will.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“I dreamt that we can have a better age despite the loss that we have to endure.”


Eowyn willed herself to believe so, and at that moment, she saw no one but Faramir in her future.

A/N- I always wanted to extend the Extended scene in the movies-- we didn't have enough dialogue thought it was a definite nice addition to the main movie to see how Faramir and Eowyn would fall in love. If PJ had more footage, i would love to see it. 






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List