Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

It never fitted me either. Boromir was always the solder. They were so alike, he and my father. Proud, stubborn, even, but strong.” - Faramir

“I think you have a strength of a different kind. And one day your father will see it.”- Pippin - ROtK Extended Edition scene


Faramir was touched that the hobbit would already realize something that he had not. He did not think of himself having a different type of strength. All his life, he was told that he had to learn how to wield the sword better, to keep his strength, and focus on defeating the enemy. He was glad that Boromir took the helm with the forces in Osgiliath but soon, he was also forced to lead the Rangers of Ithilien and be adept with the bow and arrow too.

He thought that Pippin was unique as well, very respectable like Frodo and Sam. He admired that he pledged his service to Gondor. He hoped to be acquainted with him in better times after the war.

“You are also a special hobbit,” Faramir replied. “Thank you for your faith in me. I hope that you are right about my father. He is one that is hard to please.”

“Do take good care in the war- we do not want to lose one of Gondor’s finest. Beregond also spoke to me about how influential you are,” said Pippin.

Faramir was touched. “Now, did he?” Faramir always admired Beregond and that he also held him in high esteem.

“We will see where the war will lead us but I do thank you for your confidence. I’ve never met a hobbit till the past two weeks, and you all have a very wise and perceptible nature.”

“I did mean to ask you about Frodo and Sam…” Pippin started. “Do you think they will be alright?”

Faramir frowned, “Yes, but I do fear for the path they elected to take. We will not abandon all hope yet.”

Then, the bell sounded to interrupt their conversation, and they both went back into the Citadel to await the Lord’s order.


A/N -Tribble word count does not include the italicized dialogue from the EE. Maybe this will be extended. We will see. Maybe in a post quest scene between them.




<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List