Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

The Ring speaks to each member of the Fellowship over the course of the journey. I do not believe that the Ring only tempted Boromir but others as well. All characters of the Fellowship is featured.

Boromir

You cherish Gondor in its old splendor, mighty against the enemy. You can have that and more. White trumpets announcing your return, your father doting and smiling upon Gondor’s finest son. All of your troops at your disposal. We cry “Captain Boromir” and later, “Steward”; we honor and respect you with all your prowess at war, your long foresight into what’s best for your country.

Gondor can be powerful and glorious again. What are you waiting for? You are so strong; he is so weak.

No one should blame you. Just claim me, and see your greatest dreams come true.



Pippin

All you request is rest and warmth in this cold, dank place. How you long for breakfast, second breakfast, luncheon and afternoon tea.

Now why shouldn’t you, future Thain of Tookland? Why couldn’t you be the strongest hobbit? Not your cousins, but you, having the strongest hobbit blood, the most cheerful spirit, the one with the wits to see the end.

Claim me and you shall see your larders restored, farmland enriched, without you working a day but just by being your carefree self. You can drink and eat to your hobbit’s delight. Just take me and you shall see.


Merry

The need to take care and be strong for others is what you seek. The need to feel important and practical. You can use me to guide, to make sure your cousin is alright through it all. Claim me and you shall see that you can be Master of Buckland easier. 


The herbs you seek, the farmlands your parents are in charge of could be yours. Everyone will see how strong and astute you are. Because you are.

You will not be left behind. You will be followed. You can control your destiny and never be in anyone’s shadow again.


Aragorn

Arwen Undomiel is who you desire the most. To be reunited in Rivendell is what your heart has desired all these long, lonely, difficult times. Claim me and you will have her and be the King faster than what trials you have to suffer through now.

Gondor and Rohan will bow to you, you will see the line of Isildur’s kingship restored. The rightful King has succeeded. The strongest, most powerful King has come forth.

And most importantly, finally, your beloved is in your arms. Her blue eyes gaze deep into yours in love. Isn’t that what you desire, Elessar?


Gandalf

Wise Grey-beard did not take me in the Shire, but I’ll aid you when you most need it. You know what lurks in Moria, you know you cannot go through the Redhorn Gate. You need me to help with power that you have not foreseen having, but you are able to brandish.

You have enough strength to wield me, do not underestimate yourself. Vie for power through me.

A dark Lord would not be what you become but instead you will be the most powerful Maia to challenge Him to win. Do you not wish to complete your task sooner?


Sam

You can have the most beautiful gardens full of gardenias, lilacs, daffodils, baby’s breath. A giant mature tree outside of your home, greater than the party tree. Look at the gardens you’ve made at your own home?  Assistant gardeners flock all over the Shire to help you, greatest gardener of the Third Age. A garden swollen to not one realm, but two or three. Rosie’s eyes sparkle with pride. Even the ol’ Gaffer smiles, well-pleased, “That’s my son.”

Aid your Master in his burden and you can aid in the best way possible. Haven’t you always been Samwise the Stouthearted?


Gimli

Mining for riches is what your ancestors have done all your life but have you ever thought of wielding me so you can do less digging and more finding such jewels like Mithril? Your race has gone through so much since the First Age, almost destroyed by Aule, being scorned by elves. But you are the richest and most skilled out of all the races.


Take me and restore your father’s fame and fortune and you can find all that your heart’s desire. No race will ever see you to be second class after that.

Restore your honor and glory.


Legolas

What is an elf doing with a company of those that are not like you? Why go on this fruitless Quest where only death will come?

You can see forests restored, your folks traveling  without fear, singing like your kin did when Melian was strong. Ever did you always want to retain what you had. 

Sing beneath the cool forests and behold your race in their former strength and wisdom. Heal your home and behold Mirkwood without shadow and fear. Claim me; there is no stain upon your beloved trees and you can hold onto the past for another age.



Frodo

Relax in the green pastures of the Shire with a book or two in your hands. Be with Bilbo and your cousins and Sam. Take your meals and smoke your precious pipe-weed.

What you really desire is peace. You are not meant to be in dangerous quests like these. You are not Bilbo. Take me and regain your peaceful existence.

You can lay down long ago, why listen to these half elves, wizards that just want to use you as a vessel. The road will only become more treacherous. And what would be left of you at the very end?






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List