Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Overflow  by Mysterious Jedi

A/N: Wow! It's been a really long time. I was looking at some of my old stuff and found this drabblish-thing on my Livejournal (which I logged into today for the first time in four years.) Originally, this were written for the "There and Back" workshop that Juno Magic runs. This chapter was for exercise 2. It was a POV challenge, so I had to write in first, second, and third persons. I am posting the third person version here, as it is the one Juno Magic felt worked the best.

******


If he had it to do over again, Beregond does not know what he would do. They say that trials develop character, but he fears that if he is not careful the only character he will have will be one of bitterness. He wonders what will happen to him. Execution? That would not be so bad, but for Bergil. Exile? That would perhaps be worst of all. He wonders why good deeds result in loss of stability. If he could choose between death and execution, he does not think he could. He questions why the healers spent their time on him. He cannot decide whether he is irritated at their attentions because there is nothing wrong with him or because he is a lost cause. He is glad everything is in the king's hands, and that he cannot go back to the past. He seems to have lost the power to make decisions.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List