Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The True Story of Amárië and Finrod  by perelleth

Disclaimer: See Chapter 1

EPILOGUE: Our son was born exactly a year later, and he was as blond as his father. With my lord and lady’s permission, I called him Gildor Inglorion, (Ingoldorion sounded too harsh for our taste, we Vanyarin people have an ear for music, you know) He later went to Middle Earth with his grandfather, hoping to find his father and to fight in the War of Wrath, and he liked it there and so he stayed -why am I not surprised- so not until the beginning of the fourth age, when the ring bearers left Middle Earth, did our son return to us and we finally became a happy family.

POST-EPILOGUE: Of course, my husband was complete in all of his relevant parts and in perfect state of operation when returned from Mandos, even his memories were restored, Eru be praised!

POST-POST-EPILOGUE: As it became general knowledge around Valinor some years after this event, the Fëanturi were actually dead drunk that fateful day, and their powers of foresight were freely running around (Hey, I did know! didn’t I?)

What had Manwë to say about this? Well, Irmo could be seen collecting fallen leaves from Estë´s pools for an age, while Námo was honoured with the cleansing of Oromë´s stables for an Age and a half. After all, he was the eldest brother

POST-POST-POST-EPILOGUE: Some years later it was disclosed that the responsible of all that mess had been a young blond elf -who later went to Middle Earth following the host of Turukáno, son of Nolofinwë- who had the great idea of adding a potent liquor and some intoxicating herbs to the drinks that were to be served at the main table.

That explained the different states of drunkenness among the Powers of Arda and many an elf lord and lording on that fateful day. To make matters worse, it was from those drinks that Oromë had refreshment sent to his guards. Need to say more? A pity Melko and Ungoliant did not give it a try...

POST-POST-POST- POST- EPILOGUE: So! You still wonder what Glorfindel did to deserve such an expeditious re-embodiment and urgent shipment back to Middle Earth?

Did you ever think it was a reward?

Do you think Mandos would have forgiven or forgotten after an Age?

A/N Reviews appreciated

  





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List