Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Paranoidangel's Drabbles  by paranoidangel

Double drabble


***


"I wish," Frodo said, "I was back in my bed in Bag End."

They slept on the ground under the stars and Sam could not remember the last time he had a good nights sleep. He wished for his own bed but he said nothing for fear of Frodo sending him home alone.

"I wish," Frodo said, "it was summer, and dry."

The rain had not stopped all day and everything they had was wet. Sam wished it too but said nothing because no amount of wishing could change the weather.

"I wish," Frodo said, "that Bilbo had never found the ring."

They had made it to Mordor, but Sam just wanted the ring destroyed so he could once again recall the taste of food and the sight of the sun. He said nothing because if Mr Bilbo had never found the ring he would never have destroyed the dragon, the ring would have stayed with Gollum and the Shire would still be in jeopardy, with no hope.

"I'm glad," Frodo said, "to be home again."

Bag End had never seemed so comfortable and inviting. But as long as Sam was with Frodo he was home, so he said nothing.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List