Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Paranoidangel's Drabbles  by paranoidangel

Double drabble

***

Rivendell was the first home I remembered. My family live there among the green grass and the woods, between the river and the mountains. Although other races visit, only the elves really live there. To them I am The Dúnedan - the only one they know.

I was born in the Angle, where my mother lived for a time, and my father too. It is less pretty and more functional for the men who live there, and the Rangers who call it home. The people there know me as their Chieftain.

Minas Tirith, the white city, is where my heritage lies. Far to the south, it is also home to Rangers. I did not live there long and those who might recognise me would not know my name.

I made my home in Rohan for a time. There are no Rangers there - none of the Dúnedain - but they do have many fine horses. Those who knew me are now dead.

I do not have one home, unless you call it Middle-earth. Home is where I sleep. Tonight it is Bree, tomorrow it may be somewhere different. Perhaps one day there will be only one place I call home.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List