Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Doom Is Near At Hand  by Elvenesse


Doom Is Near At Hand

I hear that dark insidious song grow louder and feel its fingers tighten about my heart.

Then I see your face within my mind. The image is so clear it seems as if I would but reach out, I could trace the small wrinkles engraved upon your brow. The Ring’s song fades and I hear your voice reciting part of the riddle from your vision, from our vision. “…Doom is near at hand,” and it is as if you stand now beside me.

I know that this evil is no gift, nor could it ever be. The words of the wise were truly spoken, I had known it all along: I was just unable to see it until now.

I turn back to the halfling and see that he still eyes me warily, and well he should. For by their nature mortals are frail, and the evil that pulses about him is ever ready to snare the unwary and bend them to its will.

I speak, trembling with the effort of forcing the words past my lips, “It is best that it should lie hidden you say. You speak truly. Go Frodo! Go now, ere the Ring takes me. Go!"


*******

A/N: A birthday fic for Aeneid. I was wondering how a Boromir!Lives AU could fit into a drabble. Then I realised that all of the AUs I've read have him try to take the Ring and then somehow avoid death at Amon Hen. But what if he never took the Ring?

Tolkien may have not known of Faramir's existance at this point - but Boromir certainly did.

Disclaimer: Tolkien’s world and all his characters belong to Tolkien Estates, New Line Cinema, etc. This is done for the purpose of enjoyment only and I receive no money for playing in such a wonderful sandbox.





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List