Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Second Son  by Wayfarer

SECOND SON

by Wayfarer
(closetwayfarer at yahoo dot com)

WRITER's NOTES

About the story

This is designed to be a series revolving around Faramir's relationships with his family and those around them as he grew up. It would be a chronology and each chapter would be a one-shot first-person point of view of a selected individual, sometime crucial, and other times just relevant, to the specific event in his life.

I began writing this in late 2002 as a short-story, which was put online at ffnet on 16 Dec 2002 (it's still there too). I kept going back to revise it, as I learnt more of the mythos and began to formulate my own templates for these characters. Ultimately the lure of making a whole series about Faramir proved too difficult to resist. But, though I've harboured hopes of seeing Faramir in his pre-teens by now, the truth is, I've only managed to complete the first chapter. No firm plans but I already have a number of ideas, and I do hope to get musie going again soon.

Meantime, I hope readers will enjoy chapter one (though I would not put it beyond musie to revise it too when we have time to visit with the Steward's family again).

~W

(4 Nov 2004)





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List