Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Dear Diary  by Lily Dragonquill

17. Solmath 1368



Dear Diary,

I still haven't told anybody but I think Drogo is suspicious anyhow. He keeps talking about how strange I behave of late and how moody I am. Am I moody? I don't think so. I'm not a moody person, everybody knows that and Drogo should know best. I am not moody, or am I?

Well, actually there was this little argument yesterday. There were only three more logs of firewood left and I told Drogo to get more as it was cold and the fire was already burning down. Yet, he remained seated in his armchair, reading his book and nodding absent-mindedly. Had he only done so once it wouldn't have been a problem, but when he still did do nothing after I asked him for the third time to get some wood, I got slightly aggravated. Planting myself before him I snatched the book from his hands and stared down on him.

He glanced back at me stupidly as if he couldn't understand why I had taken the book from him. Had he not listened to me before? He really should pay me more heed. I did not wait for him to say anything but tramped out of the room, hurried to our bedchamber and slammed the door shut.

Well, perhaps I overreacted when I locked the door not allowing Drogo to enter when I suddenly heard his voice from the other side of the wall.

But, I am not moody - at least not today.

~*~*~

Drogo has just entered the room asking if I was pregnant because I had been 'acting like a mother-to-be'. Well, now he knows. He was very excited, hugging me and kissing me, his eyes being all teary. I guess he doesn't even think about the possibility of losing the child and it would be best if I would not either.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List