Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Fliewatuet's Flimsy Ficlets  by fliewatuet

Protection
A Drabble


“Hold still!“

Aragorn flinched under Halbarad's ministrations.

“'Tis a miracle that you still live!“ Halbard went on. “The arrow should have pierced that thing like butter,“ he groused while plucking a silver, dented five-rayed star from bruised and bloodied skin.

“Are you sure this thing is not made of mithril?“ Halbarad dabbed blood from the small cut caused by Aragorn's brooch and the larger gouge left by the diverted arrow.

“Halbarad!“

With a sigh Halbarad drew the other's clothing back into place.

“Keep that!” Halbarad pressed the brooch into Aragorn's hand. “I will sleep better knowing that you wear it.”

*****

Thorongil men called him in Gondor, the Eagle of the Star, for he was swift and keen-eyed, and wore a silver star upon his cloak … (LotR, Appendix A (iv) 'Gondor and the heirs of Anárion')

*****

A/N: After four years of hiatus, the incredible ladies JunoMagic and Aranel Took managed to drag my muses out of their hiding place with another round of InstaDrabbling sessions.

This drabble was inspired by the prompt: Talisman. A charm that protects you wherever you go.

Posted: 2012-01-17





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List