Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Fliewatuet's Flimsy Ficlets  by fliewatuet

Guards of the Citadel

The water in the fountain mirrored the darkening sky. The Guards of the Citadel stood motionless as ever, protecting the memory of days long gone. Though the King had returned, the White Tree stood barren, only the wind whistled through its branches.

A sudden noise they heard by the gate to the sixth circle, but they did not move. Then someone hastened towards them, their posture stiffened. 'twas the King himself who approached, though kingly he seemed not, clad in travelling garb, dishevelled, cloak wrapped about a bundle in his arms. Then the cloth fell back, revealing a white leaf.


A/N: This drabble was written during an instant drabble session on IM, initiated by juno_magic. The given words were tree, mirror and noise, and the theme was Guards of the Citadel.

And another note regarding the next chapter of 'Doomed to Live': I had hoped to post it this weekend, but my beta reader suggested some changes that I think would greatly improve the chapter. But that needs some work. Watch my LJ (link on my bio-page) for a preview around Wednesday. I hope Chapter 11 will be finished next Sunday or Monday.

fliewatuet
Posted: 2005-05-01





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List