Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Various Drabbles  by Nivina

A double drabble and a half. :) First line belongs to Periantari.


No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn*


Fate had brought him to this destiny, to this task. Had it been fate also that had made him survive? And yet, it was time to move on; time to leave old woes behind, and to follow the call. Unleashing pain and melancholy one last time, knowing healing was near at last.

Slowly, he stepped onto the ship. On the shore, forlorn, his friends followed every move of him with their tear-filled eyes.

Behind dark clouds, the sun still shone. Frodo was as aware of it as he was of the tides flowing; the tide that bore the ship away, to an unknown future. Suddenly the sun broke through, leaving promises twinkling in the sunlit waters. Frodo‘s thoughts were filled with new inspiration, leaving the malice behind.

He sighed, and fresh tears were streaming down his face. Yet a hopeful smile softened his features, making even the elves feel humble. They were keeping distance, as not to disturb the Halfling who was bidding his farewell to his home, breaking the closeness to his friends, though strengthening the bonds in his mind. Evermore, never to be forgotten.

Frodo's face shone bright, filled with the light radiating from the Phial. The darkness of the night had no power over the shimmer that now embraced this soul.

“Cuio vae...“, he breathed.

He would be graced, and surrounded by love and warmth. His heart was filled with wonder, and with one last gaze to the East, he finally turned to face the new age.


Elvish phrases:

- "No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn" means "May all stars shine upon your path"
- "Cuio vae" means "Fare well"


(This double drabble and a half actually belongs to the universe of "Tho' In Distant Lands We Sigh".)





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List