Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Rescue of the Rowan  by Chathol-linn

1.       One night in late January, 2002, I had a vision along the lines of the poem ‘Rescue of the Rowan.’

2.       The dream showed a multi-dimensional universe in which two children pursue a magical quest. Blade is a young girl and Bean is her boy companion.  They are both nicknames. “Blade” hides her identity. and “Bean” just describes the tall thin boy’s appearance (Beanpole). Bean acquires many nicknames on his adventures with Blade until settling on his permanent name when he come of age.

3.       Their mentor, a Seeress, wishes them to rescue the thirteen crystal moonstones that Loki stole and hid throughout the universe. They lie not only in distant lands, but distant times as well.

4.       Each moonstone has different powers and is named after one of the thirteen luminations in the lunar calendar.

5.       Each lumination (the passage of time from one dark moon to the next) corresponds to a tree-letter in the tree alphabet. One of these moonstones is therefore named The Rowan. Others are Ash, Willow, etc.

6.       The two children, Blade and Bean, are supposed to rescue the Rowan Stone, located in the world and time of King Arthur. But they make a mistake, or else the powerful Palantiri of Middle-earth deceive them, and they find themselves lost in Rivendell, where they may not go without Mortal danger. Their mischief angers Elrond until Blade boldly reminds him that he too was once a child. Then Elrond returns them to their proper world. Now they can continue to seek The Rowan and the other moonstones throughout all the lands of mystery, magic, and dreams.

 When Legolas and Arwen appeared in the vision, another corridor opened and showed the material for “The Early Adventures of Legolas” including “How Legolas Proved His Bowmanship,” Elflocks – How Legolas Cured His Sister of Teasing,” and other tales. It was quite a dream.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List