Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Death, I call thee  by Werecat

Death, I call thee

Has the day of my death dawned?

In this place of blood and slaughter, I carry with me the wind of the vast fields, the golden glow of Meduseld under the rising sun and the smell of the burning logs on cold, glorious mornings. I carry with me the freedom of the ride, the honor of my father’s sword and the proud glance of my wife. For the old songs of valor, for the mares my son will tame, for my Lord and my Land, I ride against the black hordes of Mordor this day.

I am Hethlung, son of Thoren. I ride under the banner of Théoden King; for Rohan!

Death, I call thee freedom for my kin and my land.

***

Has the day of my death dawned?

I came to this cold region honoring a bond of blood to Gorthaur the Cruel. On my hands I carry the blood of the cowardly pale warriors of the North, of those who had once claimed my homeland as their own, putting to sword many of my forefathers. Long have we suffered the arrogance of those who dare declare themselves the descendants of Númenor. No more; the Lord of Mordor will rule all.

I am Rhaviss, son of Far Harad. I ride under the black banners of Mordor.

Death, I call thee vengeance and honor to my vows of blood.

~*~

Has the day of my death dawned?

From the walls of Minas Tirith I have watched them approaching, black hordes of evil creatures. The Captain is dead and the Steward is lost. Nothing is left but courage; courage and honor. So let it be written that the black waves of Mordor crashed on Gondor’s courage, for this alone stands between darkness and the world of Men. The White Tree will not burn.

I am Neraion, son of Debelg. I make my stand beneath the White Tower of Ecthelion.

Death, I call thee honor and loyalty to the shards of Narsil.

~*~

Has the day of my death dawned?

I come from the plains of Gorgoroth, bound by flesh and blood to the Dark One. I have come wielding my axe and my blade, howling my rage to the skies as the bloodlust awakens. I have come hunting for pale elvish skins and seeking the fragile skulls of men to harvest as my trophies. I have come seeking blood, war and death as my Lord commands. The age of Men is over; the orcs are here.

I am Duglorth, son of Mordor, following the shadow of the Lord of the Nazgul.

Death, I call thee rage and fire and lust for human blood.

~*~

Has the day of my death dawned?

For ages have I lurked in the deep places of the earth, beneath the White Mountains. For long have I dwelled in my guilt, neither dead nor living, a mere shadow of the man I once was. Loathing the light and despising the darkness, I have long waited for the King to return. Renewed is the sword, renewed are my vows. I come riding the wind, following the one who wields the sword, restoring my honor.

I am Norgar, a shadow among living, and I march for Anduril and the King.

Death, I call thee release and honor restored.





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List