Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Allemande  by Nancy Brooke

In late March I posted the following bunny in the Open Scrolls bunny nursery:

"It seems likely Boromir would have asked to see Theoden; if his audience was anything like Eomer's or Gandalf's as seen in the films what might Grima have said to him? What seed of self-doubt and corruption might the Wormtongue have tried to plant in the heart of Denethor's son? And did he succeed?"

I didn't know what to do with the idea, at the time, so I offered it to the OSA membership; there were no takers that I know of. But the idea continued to percolate, and so I suggested the "If They'd Had A Chat" challenge (Keeping within canon (no AU), create a conversation, meeting or vignette between two characters whose meeting is never described by Tolkien but can be reasonably assumed).  Still didn't know what to do.

Then Anna requested someone write for her a scene between Sam and Glorfindel, so "Weapons against the Enemy" was born.

But the idea of Gríma and Boromir wouldn't quite let me go. So, lots of percolating later, I now have this.

Enjoy.

NB


PS: Just for fun (!?!?!?) I tried to avoid in any way saying "he said ... he said" or describing how the characters were speaking to let their actions to the talking. I think I succeeded; you'll have to let me know if it worked.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List