Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Where are We Going  by Leah Beth

Title: Where are We Going?
Author: Leah Beth

Summary: Pippin just wants to know what he volunteered for.

Disclaimer: All names, characters, and places contained herein are property of Tolkien Enterprises, with which I am in no way affiliated. This story was written purely for entertainment purposes, and I am making no money from its publication.

Many thanks, hugs, and Hobbits, to shirebound for beta reading this for me.

Written for Marigold's Third Challenge at the Tales of the Red Book LiveJournal Community.

What took place in the courtyard at Rivendell just before Elrond officially sent them on the Quest and the Fellowship went on their way?

~*~*~*~*~

"Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!" Elrond proudly proclaimed.

"Great!" Pippin exclaimed. His expression very quickly turned from one of excitement to one of confusion. "Where are we going?"
"As haste is greatly needed, you will depart on the morrow, at first light," Elrond continued as if he had not heard Pippin. "I suggest that you rest before then. All preparations will be taken care of for you." With that very evident dismissal, all those present dispersed, except for the Hobbits.

"You can't tell me that you honestly don't know what you just volunteered for," Merry said, turning to his younger cousin. "Were you not listening to anything Lord Elrond said?"

"Well, Merry, if you must know--"

"Please, don't," Frodo interrupted the budding argument. "We're going to be traveling together for a long while. I don't want to start off the journey with you two bickering."

"My apologies, cousin," Merry said contritely.

"I'm sorry for arguing, Frodo, but I just want to know--"

"There, that's better," Frodo said, cutting off Pippin once again. "Now, I must speak with Bilbo," he said absently, turning and walking away.

"I'd better go and gather up all of Mister Frodo's things," Sam said, making to follow his master.

"Wait, Sam, I thought Lord Elrond said that everything would be taken care of for us?" Merry asked the gardener.

"Well, he did say that, but I mean to make sure that none o' Mister Frodo's belongings get left behind," Sam answered. "You know how he gets when he wants one thing and he can't have it."

"I most definitely know how he can get, Sam," Merry laughed. "Maybe I should come with you, just to double check that nothing gets left behind."

"I would appreciate the help, Mister Merry, but you don't have to do that," Sam said. "I'm sure I can manage on me own."

"You probably can, Sam, but it's always best to have two sets of eyes, just to check things over," Merry reasoned.

"Well, I can't argue with that," Sam said, grudgingly nodding his head. "All right then." He and Merry turned and walked off towards Frodo's rooms, leaving Pippin alone in the courtyard.

"Wait!" the tweenager called out, too late for anyone to hear him. "I just want to know where we're going!"


The End





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List