Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Magnificent  by Pervinca

Magnificent

 

Author’s Notes:

 

This is the sequel to my story “Just to be With You”, but if you haven’t read that one, don’t worry too much. “Magnificent” can easily stand alone, and any direct references to its prequel will be explained.

 

Though I once said that I could never write a Peregrin/Diamond romance, I have since changed my mind, and this story will largely involve the development of their relationship. Plus, it would be near impossible to write any story about Merry and Estella’s married life without making reference to Pippin and Diamond.

 

I know that the Family Trees in Appendix C do not actually name the children of Meriadoc and Estella, but older version of The Lord of the Rings did not even include a wife for Merry (nor was Estella named as Fredegar’s sister). Also, Appendix B mentions Merry and Pippin “handing over their goods and offices to their sons”, indicating that Merry had at least one son. Perhaps much later editions of The Lord of the Rings will include the name of this son, and any other children Meriadoc may have. If you have read some of my other stories, you may know that I have chosen to give Merry and Estella a daughter and a son, however, they will not come into this story until much later chapters.

 

To make it easier for anyone who has not read “Just to be With You” (and remind those who have), I thought I would just give a quick list of the couples that were formed in that story, and the children that came about. Ignore this if you’d like, and just head straight to the first chapter J

 

Pearl Took and Orlando Burrows (character resurrected from The History of Middle-Earth) with daughters Peridot and Petunia, and son Peregrin. Pimpernel Took and Berilac Brandybuck, with daughter Garnet. Pervinca Took and Everard Took, with daughter Pippa (not featured in “Just to be With You”. She was born between the two stories). Fredegar Bolger and Melilot Brandybuck. Peregrin Took and Celandine Brandybuck (obviously, not married!).





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List