Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Right Side of Justice  by Bill-the-Pony

Right Side of Justice
Prologue

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han moston ned 'wilith."

"The World is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air."

Galadriel's words remained true. Her wisdom rang clear and untainted through rock and age. She had spoken of a different period of change, but now the wheel rolled ponderously again. The world was changed and with it its peoples, lands, and waters. Even those that remembered the goings on of the old world were changed with the turning of tides and rising of mountains. Dagor Dagorath had been the epilogue of Middle-earth's long and colorful tale, but had been only the prologue of a new and equally colorful age that was the dawn of Man's time.

But as it were, some of the Firstborn did not remain in what eternal land was offered as harbor to them at the end of their world; and with the coming of the new, some wished to greet it, to nurture it - or were simply called by a higher purpose to sail for a different life as friend and family departed to an equally unknown, but anticipated shore.

Or were they, those that stayed upon the new soil that was still damp from creation, the ones that stepped forward?

History would weave itself as it always did for age upon age, but this time the Elves would nare be mentioned in its making - though they were very much involved...





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List