Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A present for Daerada  by frodo16424

A present for Daerada

Rivendell was beautiful with its covering of white. Anar was rising, playing her lights across the hills and waterfalls of Imladris. The spires and roofs were coated with a covering of sparkling gems.

Estel snuggled further under the covers, remembering his arrival the night before. He was returning home to Rivendell after three years with the rangers. He smiled as he remembered seeing Celeborn arrive at the same time. It had been long since he had seen his Daerada.

He and Celeborn had much to report, and had kept Elrond up until late.

Finally, the delicious smells emanating from the dining hall made it impossible to resume sleeping.

As Estel made his way to breakfast, he met with Elladan and Elrohir. They greeted each other and made their way to their places, laughing and taunting each other.

Elrond and Glorfindel were already there, as was Celeborn.

“Ada, have you seen how much it snowed last night?” asked Estel, with a twinkle in his eyes.

Elladan chimed in with, “Daerada, why don’t you come with us? We are going to have a snowball fight.”

Celeborn laughed, saying “I wish I could, but your Ada and I have to go over the reports from King Thranduil as well as Estel’s reports. We will be busy all day.”

As the three brothers exited the dining hall, Estel said, “What a shame Daerada cannot share in the fun of making snowmen.” As he spoke, he looked at Elladan and Elrohir.

Elladan started to back up. He did not like the gleam that had come into Estel’s eyes. Elrohir merely raised an eyebrow.

Estel sighed; he would get no help from the twins. He then turned to Glorfindel. “Will you assist, mellon nin?”

Glorfindel was not sure if he really wanted to involved. However, as Estel finished telling his plan, the blond elf was most decidedly going to assist.

Elrohir shook his head. “You both love to live dangerously do you not?”

Estel and Glorfindel merely shook their heads and laughed.

Elladan watched as his brother and Glorfindel came from the kitchen with three tubs. He was curious as to what the two were doing. He watched as the tubs were filled with snow.

By now, Elladan was really curious. He sauntered over, and nonchalantly asked if any assistance was needed.

“Nay, we are able to do this ourselves.” Glorfindel snorted as Estel replied.

With a little effort, the tubs were wrestled inside and upstairs to Lord Celeborn’s room.

The silver elf was looking forward to resting. As he opened the door, he realized the windows were open. He was puzzled - until he saw what was occupying the space in front of the window. There stood a life-size snowman, dressed in clothing that Lord Celeborn recognized as belonging to Erestor.

As he stood there, staring at the snowman, he heard a knock. “Enter,” he called out.

He turned to see Elrond standing there, staring at the snowman. Elrond closed his eyes, then sighed.

“I know what you are thinking, ion nin. However, I see the hand of Glorfindel in this. I also believe Estel might have been the one who planned this.” Celeborn was laughing as he spoke.

“ESTEL! GLORFINDEL!” Elrond called for the two miscreants.

Estel and Glorfindel looked at each other. They answered at the same time. “Yes, My Lord?”

Elrond glared at the two. “Do you know why there might be a snowman in Lord Celeborn’s room?”

Estel tried to look as innocent as possible, but it did not work. Glorfindel laughed.

“Why, Lord Celeborn, I did not want you to feel as though you were missing having a snowman. Therefore, we decided to make you one just for yourself.”

“Hannon le,” said Celeborn, sarcastically. “But, Erestor’s clothes?”

Suddenly, a bellow was heard all through the halls. “Where are my clothes? Glorfindel, you bring them back! NOW!”





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List