Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Where oh where is Estel?  by frodo16424

Where, o where is Estel?

A little Estel story

It was late afternoon when the Lord of Imladris stretched and rose. He had worked in his study since early morning, and was finally finished. He idly wondered where Estel was, as he had not seen his son since lunch.

He went to Estel’s room, but everything was in order. He did not see Estel.

He heard the twins’ coming down the hall, arguing about whose fault it was that they again had come back from hunting empty-handed.

“Are you finished, Ada?” asked Elladan as he saw his father standing in the doorway.

“Aye, unless Erestor or Glorfindel hunt me down,” said Elrond with a grimace.

Elrohir threw his head back and laughed as he had a mental picture of the seneschal and the advisor hunting Elrond as if he were a deer.

Elrond just glared at his son, then had to smile.

“Where is Estel, Ada? I would think he would be with you,” Elrohir asked.

“I have not seen him since lunch. Mayhap he is with Glorfindel or Erestor,” said Elrond. “We will find him and let him know you are home.”

As the three elves went down the hall, they saw Erestor ahead.

Elrond called out, “Erestor, has Estel been with you?”

“Aye, he was earlier. He said he was going to find Glorfindel. I have not seen him since.”

“Hannon le, mellon nin.” Elrond continued down the hall, while the twins went to their rooms to bathe and change.

Elrond sought out Glorfindel at the salle. “Mellon nin, have you seen Estel? He told Erestor he was going to find you.”

“Aye, he was with me for lessons. I released him early as he had done all of his lessons correctly. He did not say where he was going.” Glorfindel finished putting the practice weapons away. “Have you checked his room?”

“Aye, but I did not see him.”

By now, both Glorfindel and Elrond were worried. They really did not believe anything had happened, but where was Estel?

“Elladan, Elrohir, any sign of Estel?” asked Glorfindel as he and Elrond met the twins in the hall.

“Nay, no one has seen him since he left you," said Elrohir.

“We will look for him, Ada. He must be around here. No one saw him leave.” Elladan rose and Elrohir put his hand on his father’s shoulder, saying, “We will find him.”

It was getting dark, and still no sign of Estel. Elrond was pacing back and forth in the study, driving Erestor slowly mad. It was silly, but Erestor had a quick vision of Elrond as an animal pacing in a cage. Finally, he grabbed the Lord of Imladris and forcing him into a chair. “SIT!” A very surprised Elrond did as he was told. “Estel will be found!” Erestor told his friend.

Elrond put his face in his hands, and murmured, “I know. I apologize, mellon nin.”

Just then, the twins’ entered. Elrond looked up, hope in his eyes. It died when there was no sign of Estel.

All looked up when there was a knock on the door. They looked to see Megilindir standing there. As he moved back, Elrond saw Estel standing there, blinking in the light.

“Where were you, Estel?” asked Elrond as he stooped to pick the youngster.

Megilindir laughed as he told the raven-haired elf, “He had fallen asleep on the balcony of his room.”

“So that was why I did not see you when I looked, tithen pen. Are you ready for supper, ion nin?” asked Elrond as he tickled Estel.

“Of course, I’m starving!” replied the six-year old.

Elladan laughed as the group exited the room. “You, gwador, are always hungry!”

Estel glared at his brother. With dignity, he replied, “I am still growing. Why are you always eating?”

Elladan stood there, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. Finally, he just shook his head and went with the rest as they headed for the dining hall.





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List