Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Daerada and Daerion  by frodo16424

A little Estel story

Daerada and Daerion

Estel was excited, so excited he could hardly dress himself. He was trying to don his tunic, but kept putting his head through the armholes. Elrohir entered the room.

“Tithen pen, aren’t you ready yet?” He laughed as Estel turned around.

“Is that you, Ro? I think I need help. I think my head and arms are trying to change places,” replied Estel, also laughing.

Elladan also came into the room. “Are you two ready yet? Ada is waiting for us to join him in the dining hall for breakfast.”

“We will be there shortly. It seems our muindor tithen is having a fight with his clothes, and he is losing.” Finally, Estel was dressed, his hair combed.

As they entered the dining hall, the twins fell back and let Estel enter first. They smiled as Elrond glanced at them, and then moved aside.

Estel stared, then with a wide grin, yelled “Daerada! You came!” He ran to Celeborn, who knelt down to hug Estel. He was almost bowled over by the exuberant youngster.

“Are we still going fishing?” asked Estel.

Of course, daerion, did I not promise that we would?” said Celeborn. “If I promise, then I will do so.” He smiled as Estel started to dance with excitement. “First, you must eat, then we will leave.”

Finally, breakfast finished, Celeborn changed into tunic and leggings. He packed a lunch for himself and Estel and collected the fishing gear. They rode out, Estel in front of Celeborn. He waved to his brothers and father as they stood on the steps, watching as they rode out.

At noon, lunch was brought out and eaten. As they finished, it started to rain. At first, the rain was ignored, then it began to storm. Celeborn decided to return to Rivendell, telling Estel, “We will come back tomorrow. For now, it is safer if we return. We still have the rest of the day to be together, if you wish.” He smiled at Estel.

“Really? Will you play with me?” He bounced with excitement. Celeborn was trying to hold onto the child, as well as the reins of his horse.

“Settle, Estel, please.” Estel did as Celeborn requested.

“I am sorry, daerada. Do you think we will have the fish we caught for dinner?” asked Estel, hopefully.

“Yes, I will make sure the fish will be cooked for supper. We have to be sure to tell your Ada we caught them.” Celeborn’s eyes were twinkling as he spoke.

They reached Rivendell, soaked but happy. Both went to their rooms to take a quick hot bath and get into dry clothes.

Celeborn and Estel then met in the library. The elven lord got down on the floor and the two of them had Estel’s toy soldiers spread out. Elrond peeked in to see his father-in-law in tunic and leggings, lining up soldiers as Estel was telling him a story, using his toys to illustrate it.

The dinner bell rang and the elves of Rivendell headed for the dining hall. Elrond met the twins as they exited their rooms. “What are we having for dinner, Ada?” asked Elladan.

Elrond smiled as he remarked, “We are having the fish Estel and Celeborn caught this morning. We must make sure we say how delicious they are.” The twins laughed and agreed.

“Lord Celeborn and Estel are in the library. We will stop and make sure they heard the dinner bell.”

As the three entered the library, they smiled at the sight before them. On the couch sat Celeborn, with a book on his lap. Estel was cuddled in his arms and both were asleep.

Elrond merely smiled, and said, “Let them sleep. I will have a tray sent up later.”

As the years rolled by, Celeborn and Aragorn both remembered that day with much love and amusement.

Tithen pen: Little one

Muindor tithen: Little brother

Daerada: Grandfather

Daerion: Grandson





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List