Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Beyond the Circles of This World  by Meldewen Ilce

~~*~~
'...He left the hill of Cerin Amroth and came there never again as living man...'

~~*~~
"...In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory..."In the moment that last deep breathe left her body, Arwen was free of the confines of this world...

'Please, Eru, let this be so..."

In the moment Arwen closed her eyes forever to the world, he was there...

Aragorn, son of Arathorn, her Estel was standing there watching her and he waited for the moment to speak to her when she'd be able to hear his voice again. As her last breathe was released loudly against the stillness of Lothlòrien, he waited only for a second before he spoke.

'Arwen, meleth-nin,' he said waiting for her to open her eyes again...

~~*~~
There was no fear in her heart as she released that last breathe, there was only peace and joy as she knew she would soon be reunited with her beloved husband. As her spirit released itself from her body, she felt the urge to open her eyes again. And then she heard his beloved voice speak her name. 'Arwen, meleth-nin...'

Arwen opened her eyes and gazed up into the youthful, smiling face of her husband. Atagorn had moved to kneel beside her he waited for her to open her eyes and he had taken her hand.

He was dressed similar in the manner he had been that night in Lothlòrien. Dressed in a raiment of white and silver that shimmered with a light more glories than the stars of Arda. On his brow within a golden circlet was set a jewel that glowed more brightly then any of the Silmarils of old.

He was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen in all of the Ages she had lived...

'Come home with me, meleth-nin,' Estel spoke, helping her to stand.

As she came to her feet, Arwen clung to him, startled to the feel warmth of his flesh, as she knew that they were both now nothing but spirits.

Estel sensed her thoughts and so he spoke with a smile, 'Did I not say that what laid beyond the circles of the world was more than memory, meleth-nin? We have a new life to live now, a life that shall never end. It shall be a life with Eru, whose presence will be with us forever even as we are with one another for all eternity.'

'I love you," Arwen whispered. 'I am no longer afraid to see what awaits me beyond the world.'

Smiling, Estel took her hand and said, 'Come, meleth-nin, we are going home.'

With that, Aragorn and Arwen Undomíel began their flight into eternity, full of love, joy, and everlasting peace...

And Eru smiled upon His children...

~~*~~
'...There at last when the mallorn-leaves were falling, but spring has not yet come, she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and nephredil bloom no more east of the Sea...'

THE END

***
meleth-nin = my love





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List