Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Daughters of Oromë  by Thevina

This story is dedicated to the memory of my dear friend and writer, Rosemary St. George. She, like Finduilas of dol Amroth, died untimely, sadly of her own decision, but her memory lives on and is cherished.

Boundless bouquets of gratitude to my long-lost 'sister,' Amy. Without her allowing me to sit in on her Tolkien class, I would not have discovered fanfiction and I would certainly never have considered writing any myself.

Anglo-Saxon words
I carried around A Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary for the Use of Students by John R. Clark Hall, London, 1894, for about 6 months, and finally turned it back into the Vanderbilt University Library, though I'm sure I'll check it out again. All of the Anglo-Saxon words in my story came from this book, which is Anglo-Saxon to modern English only, so I've had hours of fun poring through it to finding appropriate words and names.

Peter Jackson
My thanks to Peter Jackson for making the LotR trilogy, and for his brilliance in casting Miranda Otto as Éowyn. Her acting has inspired me all through this story.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List