Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

By Light Beguiled  by AfterEver

***

Disclaimer: Middle-earth and all characters therein are Copyright of Tolkien and his Estate and/or Enterprises. This work of fiction is for entertainment purposes only and no profit is made thereby.

Rating:PG-13 for brief sexual content and graphic battle sequences. There will be further warnings – please obey any that apply to you.

Story Notes:
*It is written that Cirdan was also called the Shipwright, and Earendil the Mariner; those epesses are frequently used in this tale.
*Elrond and Elros are depicted as twins, in compliance with HoME (the Silmarillion doesn't specify).
*Aerandir, Falathar, and Erellont are canon characters: Faerior and Mallith are creations of the author.
*Some quotes from J.R.R.'s work are used with little or no changes to the original; this is done knowingly and respectfully.
*In Laws and Customs, it is stated that Elven children learn to speak and walk in their first year. If Elrond and Elros seem slower to develop than that, consider that they are partially Edain, and twins.
*I don't incorporate miscellaneous phrases/words in Elvish, with or without English translations. It makes more sense to me that the characters are speaking exclusively in their native tongue, not just saying "mellon" every now and again.
*It should be noted that for the purposes of this story Gil-galad’s lineage and history complies with the version given in the Silmarillion. Therefore, Fingon sent his son Ereinion to the Falas after the Dagor Bragollach. When the Havens were destroyed circa the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, those who escaped took refuge on the isle of Balar- among them were Cirdan and Ereinion. I’m aware that J.R.R.’s final say on the matter of Gil-galad’s parentage was otherwise, but I prefer to have textual references for what I write of, and the reference I have is the Silmarillion. To those who favor Orodreth as Gil-galad’s sire, and/or Gil-galad as Lord of the Havens at Sirion; this is not that story.

Author's Notes:
*This is indeed a revised version of a story formerly with another title, by the same author.
*Special thanks to Lyllyn for beta reading. Any remaining errors are my own, sadly.

***





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List