Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Avon's Drabbles  by Avon

They began as opposites – the lover of trees and the lover of stone.  One moved with the light elegance of a breeze through leaves; one stumped along with the solid endurance of a lump of granite.  One talked of things unseen, of things barely dreamed; one saw only that which may be carved or built.  Both spoke of a history threaded with enmity, misunderstanding and a shunning of other.

How did they find the paths between them, the links that would bind them together to the end of the earth and beyond?  They found them in beauty.  They found them in a Dwarf’s admiration for a beautiful Elven lady; in an Elf’s slow understanding of the beauty to be found underground and in carefully carved rock.  They found them in strengths.  They found them in an Elf’s ability to run faster, see further and hear quicker – and in his patience to wait for those who could not.  They found them in a Dwarf who would not give up when attempting a task too hard - and in the endurance that allowed him to succeed.

They ended as one – one small boat that sailed the last Sea to the land beyond.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List