Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Dreams Wrought  by Larner

II

 

            “But, Master Elrond, you already know that Estel has lost his heart to your daughter?”

            Elrond sighed.  “I assure you that that this has been normal for my brother’s descendants ever since Undómiel became a maiden.  Each of Isildur’s heirs that has seen her has become enamored of her in turn.  Why should Estel be any different?”

            Gilraen was shaking her head.  “This is more than merely becoming enamored of her.  My son has truly lost his heart to her.  I doubt that he will be drawn to any other woman enough to agree to take her to wife.  I know it in my own heart.”

            The Master of Imladris closed his eyes and shook his own head.  At last he spoke in a low voice, “Does the day of my loss come upon me at last?”  When he opened them again his expression was determined, almost fierce.  “The signs are that if Sauron is to seek again to conquer all of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, then it will happen in Aragorn’s time.  And I will tell you this, that if he is able to stir her heart in return, my bride price will be the equal of that Thingol asked of Beren, but it will be both desirable and attainable—he must reunite the realms of Arnor and Gondor again.  Not for anything less than that shall I allow my daughter to sacrifice the birthright I attained for my children!”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List