Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Celeritas' Birthday Bash 2013  by Celeritas

In true hobbit fashion, I celebrate my birthday by writing people stories, according to prompts that they give out. An author's experience is so much less without people who are kind enough to read and review her work, so I appreciate the opportunity to give as much as I can back to them.  This year the number of prompts was small, and I may not have had time to do them justice, but I'm quite pleased that I was able to get them all out in time for my fandom-birthday!


Here were this year's prompts:

GoldVermilion: Something involving salamanders.

Marta: How the events of The Hobbit impacted a character who wasn't directly in The Hobbit.

Kaylee Arafinwiel: Elves in modern times.

Dreamflower: Cousin-fic: Frodo, Merry, and Pippin, pre-, during-, or post-Quest.  Bonus if Frodo is taking care of his younger cousins in some way or another.

Larner: A story in which Frodo grows totally frustrated with someone he loves dearly. What is the situation, why is he frustrated, and how does he get his point across about how obtuse the other person has been?

Captain Facepalm: Bilbo was a precocious wee Hobbit child whose early adventures highly favoured his Took-ish roots. Tell us an early tale of our favourite Hobbit before age, wisdom, and maturity turned him into a stodgey homebody.

Linda Hoyland: Aragorn and Faramir have an adventure with the hobbits.

Periantari: Sam being comforted from Merry, Pippin or Rosie after Frodo departs to the Undying Lands.




        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List