Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Songs for the Seasons  by losselen

Elrond for Arwen, after he sailed for the West


I.

Once you walked among the flowers. Once in your walking you named them. You lived in their covenant. The primrose, the fritillary-- in the spring they lilted. Then summer followed you feet and thistles bowed in the rufous heat. And wild anemones, in late November, flowed their petals into the loud-syllabled Bruinen, until snowdrops dotted all the banks in a new spring, and we counted our seasons by our flowers. So I remember you, walking in the valley, glad and warm in the flying light.

II.

My daughter, I see you still. In the wide night among the immortal woods, when a memoried wind comes from the east. I find you seated, pensive in the glades, where blooms of elanor rock in the windfall light, and the wildgrass furrows in the undying breeze. And then the pale stars will shiver in their high places, hesitating in the locks of your hair, and you stand, and you turn to me, and I remember that you came not to these lands.

III.

In my heart I see the falls of Imladris shimmering in the ever-autumn as I remember it. Where do you walk now? For once you walked in the eaves of time, in the silvered lines of his eyes. For once you and he, both my children, walked and laughed with each other, in the fields of memory.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List