Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Spectrums  by Eärillë

Genre: Action

Rating: G

Summary: Well, how hard is it to catch a weak, cornered mortal? A confident someone wants to find out…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melkor the Almighty had given him a special task. He would accomplish it! After all, how hard it was to capture a lone mortal, weakened by pursuit and starvation? He planned to toy with the prey first.

He gathered his best troop of wargs and werewolves, then set out with a great fanfare out of his new stronghold when night fell. His trackers managed to scent his prey not long after.

The mortal ran away. But wargs were faster.

The mortal hid in a stand of beech trees. He approached confidently. The weakling was cornered! Now it was time to show that pathetic prey who was lord here, and who owned the world…

He growled, and leapt into the clump of odorous wood—

And something painful that jabbed into his left shoulder told him that nothing was as he had planned.

He fell down hard on the grass – smelly, smelly grass – and whimpered. Acurst mortal!

As if the mere victory against the Lieutenant of Melkor was not enough, the mortal dared sing – sing! – with voice that got further and further…

He wanted to snarl “Catch him!” at his troop, but found his tongue tied.

Beren the Single Outlaw daunted him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Notes: Then, who is the warg? :)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List