Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Spectrums  by Eärillë

Genre: Action, Character Study

Rating: PG

Summary: Before his ship neared Middle-earth, Ingwion thought of baulking from crossing the line…

Story Notes: For Ellfine (Ellie), another peek at the War of Wrath.

Author’s Notes: I’m sorry that the background story is not yet finished being prove-read. But yes, there is some references to it here. And like before, I shall endeavour to explain it to you should you be confused about it. Apologies in advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just within the range of a speeding arrow now…

Ingwion stood on the prow of the flagship, watching across the span of waves to the deserted harbour. Soon they would have to do battle, as Ulmo had warned them of the investation of Melkor’s spawns in the once beautiful seaside settlement.

Were they ready, though?

It was as if there was just a thin line, a thin barrier, separating them from their very first enemies; yet it was the hardest to traverse, as he was finding now.

He had never killed, never had to, since his childhood and adolescent time in Cuiviénen, and during the Great Journey to Aman. Was he ready to do so again, now? But his childhood idol had been taken by Melkor… Was there a chance he would be fighting her now? It might be just a twisted husk bearing some resemblance to her former self, but…

– It was just a stone’s throw away now. Coarse yells and hideous laughter wafted towards them, accompanied by the stench of filth and decay. The enemies had spotted them.

There was no more time to ponder about anything, and Ingwion was somehow glad of it. As soon as the ship came within leaping distance to the cracked quay, he leapt onto land, shouting an old Cuiviénen battle-cry. – For Lindariel, for his birthland, for the people that still lived there…

Behind him, other warriors poured forth from the ship, following his lead. They had crossed the line, and it was only Eru that could save them now.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List