Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Spectrums  by Eärillë

Genres: Fluff, Vignette

Rating: G

Summary: Being the last child has its ups and downs; but Arakáno chooses to take advantage of the ups very, very, very well. His elder siblings just have to bear with him.

Author’s Notes: For FireFly07, who is currently in love with this particular minor character. Hopefully it makes up for the two birthday gifts I have missed also… And one advance warning: Any pairing that you readers might draw conclusion from this story is solely your responsibility. I am writing it merely for the fluff, deriving idea from the hints that these people are best chums with each other, respectively, in Canon Silm. (Published Silmarillion, anyway…)

Terms and Names Used:
Ammë: Mum/Mummy
Atto: Dad/Daddy
Arakáno: Argon (Fingolfin’s last child)
Irissë: Aredhel
Findaráto: Finrod
Findekáno: Fingon
Maitimo: Maedhros
Turukáno: Turgon
Tyelkormo: Celegorm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“—Arakáno!”

He grinned up innocently at his eldest brother Findekáno, who had been chatting amiably with their eldest cousin Maitimo on the front porch of their house, and was now glaring down at him. Unheeding of the glare, he did not budge, wedged in between the two older néri, and he was even now leaning comfortably against them. Who knew if they would bring him hunting again?

 

*

“—Arakáno!”

Turukáno tried to pry him loose from his leg, but to no avail. Findaráto, who had been proposing a trip to the sea to Turukáno, laughed his delightful tinkling laugh. Arakáno smiled hugely up at that golden-haired cousin of theirs, conveying his contentment of his position: hugging Turukáno’s left leg and Findaráto’s right one to himself. He wanted to go with them! And cousin Findaráto was quite fun to be around most of the times.

 

*

“—Arakáno!”

Irissë looked ready to throttle her youngest brother. But Arakáno knew she would not do it. (She would get into so much trouble with Atto and Ammë if she did, anyway.) Glued by Arakáno flush against her, Tyelkormo laughed uproariously, nearly dislodging him from his perch in the process…

He had happened upon them in the garden of Anatar Finwë’s palace, whispering to each other as if plotting the next prank against their uncle Arafinwë. (Last time, they had put a frog into the back of their uncle’s robes during the New Year festival, and Atto and Ammë had been quite mad at Irissë for quite a while.) He had wanted to know, though, so he had climbed up Irissë and was now hanging between the two of them, his arms on their shoulders.

It would be fun, too, if he was included in their prank-planning. He could keep a secret!





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List