Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Spectrums  by Eärillë

Genres: Character Study, Stream-of-Consciousness

Rating: G

Summary: Little Itarildë, later renamed Idril, had a rather strong opinion about the feast of reuniting her grandfather held.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beleg and Mablung were my new friends. They were huge! As tall as my people, and twice as big as some. I spent as much time as possible with them, for their laughter were rich and carefree; and their eyes, dim as they were without the reflection of the Two Trees, sparkled with the appreciation of life that had instead been gone from my people’s.

Atto could not understand why I tended to avoid him in this celebration, meant to unite all Firstborn. I could not explain it to him, too. How not? His mere gaze, burning as bright as fëar during the Darkening and the Crossing, directed at our half-kin, frightened me terribly. I did not want to have it directed at me.

But he was not the only one here. As merry as the festivity was, we were divided into two sections still; and to me, the safest was with the neutral party: Beleg and Mablung, representatives of the native clans.

I did not know what this event really pertained to, but it did not seem to get right. My family dubbed this matter “grown-up case.” But given all the tension and hatred around here, I would rather never be a grown-up.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List