Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Sweet Gift  by Agape4Gondor

Chapter One - First Encounter

Her first sight. After all these years. As vivid as that day. And Indis, Healer of Imladris, wept.

Estel, who was strangely clad and extremely dirty, brought the little, unconscious creature into the infirmary, and her heart went out to the wounded one held tenderly in the man’s large arms. A kin of Bilbo’s obviously, but severely wounded, even, according to Lord Elrond himself, unto death. Her lord walked with Estel and watched as the little thing was placed upon the table.

“Clean him,” he commanded and left the room, pushing three other little beings out, slamming the door uncharacteristically behind him. Indis only caught a glimpse of terror on the three faces and her heart clenched even further.

She helped Estel remove the coat and the strange little waistcoat hidden underneath, and found herself reeling at the sight before her. The wound, though closed and small, exuded evil. And a bitter cold. Estel’s gentle voice pulled her from the horror; her healer’s fingers flew to undo the buttons on his shirt; Estel’s knifed hand pushed her own aside as he slit the shirt, buttons bouncing everywhere, and began to clean the wound.

“Water,” he called and she brought a basin full, kept warm on the fires for just such occasions.  She stepped aside as Lord Elrond returned.

“I spoke with Glorfindel. The enemy is long away from here. You have suffered no harm, Estel?”

“It was only Frodo who was injured, Adar. I was un… unable to protect him.”

She knew Estel well, knew him well enough to know the catch in his speech bespoke frustration and shame. He did not take well the wounding of any he guarded.

“More water,” Elrond said and she tossed the sullied water into a sink and brought fresh. A warmth spread over her as her eyes lit upon the small, round nipple peaking out from underneath Lord Elrond’s arm. He moved slightly and she lost sight of it. Her Lord worked swiftly, his hands moving as he spoke the words of healing and protection.

Her heart caught as the little one, Frodo Estel had called him, moaned in apparent agony. Unknowingly, she took his hand in hers and held it, gently whispering words of comfort, but when she looked upon Lord Elrond, she was horrified; she pulled a cloth from a nearby shelf and wiped her Lord’s damp brow. How had she missed the perspiration that glistened off it? Where had her mind been to make such a flagrant mistake? Then, she looked again at Frodo and wept quietly.

“Hush, he will survive. Here.”

She took the cleaning cloths from him and stepped back, her face red with shame… and something else.

“Move him to the third healing room. It is the smallest bed we have. I would not have him overwhelmed by a larger one. He will be disoriented enough as it is.”

Her untimely sigh of relief betrayed her.

“Indis? Must I have another watch over him?”

His voice was so cold she nearly faded. “No, my Lord.”

“Remember, he is your patient.” She watched as his brow furrowed and hastily assured him of her diligence of duty.

“Very well. Send for me if something untoward occurs; otherwise, I will return in two hours time.”

Estel gave her an odd look as he left, following his father out the door. She collapsed in the chair next to the little one’s bed and moaned. They know! Her wild thoughts chased after one another. Disgraced she would be if she did not settle her heart. She could not understand what had come over her until she looked once again upon Frodo’s face.

The temperature in the room seemed to rise quickly. She unbuttoned the top of her healer’s collar and found her hand trembled. Pulling it quickly back, she gasped as it grazed the proud nipple still peeking out of the torn and pulled back shirt. She cried aloud at the flash of heat, passion, and shame that filled her. She bit her lip and waited. In only moments, her body cooled.

She took three deep breaths, it was time to prepare him for bed, and began to remove the shirt. It came off easily enough. Then she undid the belt that held his little trousers up. A quick tug pulled them down. She turned to take off his boots and stifled another gasp. Chiding herself for being a fool this day, she slid the trousers off. Of course he wears no boots; he is a hobbit after all.

Biting her lower lip, she wondered if she should take off the last piece of cloth that covered him. He desperately needed to be washed. She made up her mind quickly and untied and removed his braies. Needless to say, she looked. And was delighted. Sweet, she thought as heat once again flowed through her.

Indis pulled the basin close and dipped the cloth in; using a bit of soap, she lathered the cloth and then began with his neck and arms, then onto his torso. Another sigh escaped her. For a moment, she blushed, glad that Lord Elrond and Estel were no longer in the room. They would not be pleased. She washed carefully around the wound, then gently over each nipple. She took particular time with this part of him for she loved the look of the nipples that stood up firm and perky. When she was able to catch her breath, she proceeded to wash his stomach and the wee little button in the middle; finally, his hips down to the cleft where his legs joined his upper body. She stopped and stood back, noting every inch of his skin. Her blush deepened. She laid the softest linen she could find over him, covering him from shoulder to waist.

Dumping the soiled water, she refilled the basin with clean and began to wipe down his legs. They were long and quite muscular. All the way down. She liked the feel of his calves, firm and strong. She stifled a moan. Slowly, she took the cloth and wiped over his privates, noting their bulk was like unto his feet (larger than she would have thought for his size). As she rinsed him off, another sigh escaped her. He was indeed beautiful. She unfolded the rest of the linen and brought it down, reluctantly covering his proud member.

Indis turned to his feet, washing them carefully. It took quite some time as the hairs were matted and clogged with little bits of twigs and leaves and such. His feet were quite dirty. She remembered the first time she had seen Lord Bilbo’s; they were beautifully kept and brushed. She would try to do the same. After quite some time, she was satisfied. She had found a small comb in a drawer and untangled the hairs until they lay lightly curled. She pulled the linen down further and covered them.

It was time; she had saved the best till last. She took the now-cooling water in the basin and dumped it, refilled it, and brought it back to his bedside. She took a smaller cloth and leaned slowly over his face. Tears, of a sudden, fell gently upon his visage. So sweet and beautiful. So fair of face, white as apple blossoms. She spent longer than was necessary cleaning his face, his neck, his ears, blushing as the heat rose further and further in her until she scarce could breathe. Her fingers found their way to his bitten lips and trailed over them, gently caressing. She kissed him lightly upon his cheek. “We will move you now, Lord Frodo. Be not afraid.”

Indis called and the guard came in. “Ask Galdor to join me. We will need your help also. He must be moved to the third healing room as Lord Elrond asks.”


TBC ---


A/N - I must beg your pardon on the 'wound problem' brought to my attention by an erstwhile reader. I have changed it to reflect the 'truth' as told in the book. Also, a caregiver friend of mine told me I had the sequence of 'washing' a patient incorrect. So I rearranged the bathing. I also identified our 'healer/luster' earlier on, as a reader thought it was Arwen. Please accept my deepest apologies for any untoward responses to these errors/mistakes/things! Or blame it on the Elf. I always find that works!





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List