Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Ancestress  by Dreamflower

 

Chapter Twenty-eight: In the Beginning

Mirimė had enjoyed her time on the beach with Frodo. They had spoken lightly, Frodo for the most part relating anecdotes of his early childhood, in the long past days before he lost his parents. He had seemed wistful at first, but became more lively as he spoke and the sadness that seemed always to lurk behind his gaze gave way to a sparkle of joy. That he still missed his parents after all this time was clear, yet now it seemed he could recall them without pain. Perhaps she had in some small measure contributed to that.

And she too found herself feeling joy once more. For most of an Age, she had remembered only the grief and pain of the ending of her life with Tūk, and how it had felt to realise how final was their parting. Now she was recalling those early days, the days of the beginning of their love and of the good life they had together.

She supposed the encounter with the Elves was when she began to realise that for her Tūk was no common hobbit. There was something about him that tugged at her heart more than other hobbits did. Perhaps it was his open curiosity; perhaps it was his fearlessness—for he was far less timid than other hobbits even within his own fair clan. Perhaps it was the lightness of his spirit, which refused to be quenched by adversity.

More than once she observed him, sometimes with his cousins, sometimes alone, venture into the edges of the vast forest. There he would encounter Durdir and his fellows, and hobbits and Elves would sit and speak together, the hobbits learning much from the Elves.

She found herself envious of that conversation. How she would like to speak with them herself!





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List