Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Ancestress  by Dreamflower

 

Adamanta Calls Again


Bilbo had their rooms to himself this morning. Gandalf had taken Frodo to the Tower of Avallonë, where the Elendil Stone now was kept, alongside the Master-stone. Formerly it had been in the Tower of Elostirion and looked ever Westward. But now it afforded those who had come to the West from Middle-earth the solace of an occasional glimpse of their homes and loved ones. Bilbo had declined to go this time. The first time they went, shortly after their arrival, he became so winded, not even halfway up, that Gandalf had needed to carry him the rest of the way. He was of no mind to repeat the experience. As he had told Frodo afterward, "I may feel twenty years younger since we arrived here, but that still makes me old!"

Still he was glad Frodo went, especially since Gandalf told them it was Yuletide in the Shire. Time passed so strangely here that he and Frodo soon gave up trying to keep track of the days. "It's like Lothlórien," said Frodo, "only more so."

Now he wondered what to do with his unexpected solitude. Perhaps a bit of baking, to celebrate Yule? Or he could go to the family quarters and visit with Elrond and Celebrian for a while. As he pondered the question, there came a tap upon the door.

"Now who could that be? Not the S.-B.s, at any rate," he chuckled to himself, as he padded to answer it.

"Adamanta!" he exclaimed, smiling broadly. "What a pleasant surprise!"

"It is good to see you again. I hope you do not mind that I am paying a call?"

"Not at all! But I am afraid that Frodo is not here."

"I know; I saw him leave. But it is of him that I wished to speak."





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List