Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Report from the VBC Valinor  by Agape4Gondor

Breaking News - Minas Tirith

From the VBC Valinor, we now present Findaráto Ingoldo, better known to our Sindarin friends and Men as Finrod Felagund, with the news of the day.

Good evening. This is Findaráto bringing you the news of the West.

We have just received word from Minas Tirith, Gondor, Middle-earth. King Elessar Telcontar is reported to have lain himself down in the House of the Kings. His spouse, former Elf, Arwen Undómiel, is by his side. His son, well-known profligate, Prince Eldarion, was away from the City. He is reported to be on his way back to the Citadel.

We now bring you this live report from our Minas Tirith reporter, Findegil. Findegil, you have been a scribe for the Court of King Elessar for a number of years. Have you ever seen anything like this?

Nay! I am utterly dumbfounded. I had heard raconteur tales about events such as this having happened in the last age, but never in my lifetime. Standing next to me is Lord Faramir, Steward of Gondor. Lord Faramir, what think you of the King’s latest aberration?

I am as confused and surprised as the rest of our people; he is young. However, he has instructed that his crown be given to his son, Eldarion. I suppose that means his decision is final.

I see you shaking your head. Does this disturb you?

Well, I am not one to speak ill of those not present to defend themselves, but the Prince’s latest actions have caused some ill feelings amongst King Elessar’s people. Especially the unfortunate incident with the Lady Beldis of Pelargir.

Be that as it may, that seems to be the King’s intent: to have Eldarion crowned as his successor.

Of course it would be. As Steward, I will pledge him fealty.

Wait! Wait! I see Elessar getting off the table. He is walking to the… Oh! Naught! False alarm, Findaráto, just a quick stop at the privy. Now he is returning to the table. A wise decision, I think. Who knows how long he will be lying there waiting to be ‘spirited’ away. Sorry. Thank you, Lord Faramir.

Well, there you have it. The latest news from the Citadel in Minas Tirith. Back to you, Findaráto.

Thank you, Findegil, for that report. We look forward to hearing more from you on this late-breaking news.

For further information on this story, please visit our website at www.vbcvalinor.com/elessar.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List