Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Master and Thain  by PipMer

A/N:  This double drabble was written on the occasion of Llinos' birthday.  The first half is unbeta'd; the second half was beta'd by Dreamflower and Marigold.

Merry sat anxiously outside the birthing room, legs bouncing with anticipation. He had begged to come, and now he must contain himself to prove that he was mature enough to be here.

A cry came from the room, and Merry perked up, excitement showing in his eyes. "Is that the baby?" he asked as he turned to his father.

Saradoc smiled. "Yes. Now we'll have to wait to see if it's a lad or a lass."

Thirty minutes later, Pippin had been placed in Merry's waiting, eager arms. Gazing at his little cousin, he smiled and said, "Happy Birthday, Pippin!"

-----------------

It was a pleasant day, although Merry didn't notice. The sun was streaming through the canvas; birds could be heard chirping nearby. If he were outside, he would have seen the trees starting to bloom, would have smelt the aroma of freshly opened buds.

But right now, his attention was fixed on the beloved face before him. Clasping his cousin's hands within his own, he prayed to any powers that be to heal his young friend. On today of all days, Pippin deserved to be well and happy, not lying injured.

Smiling through his tears, Merry whispered, "Happy birthday, Pippin."





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List