Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

# 61 - A Gift

It was a great gift; one he had never even dreamt might be possible. Yet, Lord Elrond had gifted it to him when Elessar had given him the Princedom of Ithilien. He still shivered when he thought upon ‘that’ gift. None needed to tell him the significance of Elessar’s gift: he was now the greatest noble after Dol Amroth in the revived Númenórean state of Gondor. He did not want it; but that also was a gift. Not to be declined.

Faramir held the bow in his hand, softly, gently, as if he held a babe. Beleg’s bow. He wept.

~*~

A/N - Beleg happens to be one of my favorite Elves during the Second Age. Here are a few little notes about him – all from the Silmarillion…  1) Then Beleg Strongbow, chief of the march-wardens of Thingol… Chapter 18 Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin  2) To that chase went Huan the Hound of Valinor, and Mablung of the Heavy Hand, and Beleg Strongbow… Chapter 19 Of Beren and Lúthien  3) Beleg A great archer and chief of the marchwardens of Doriath; called Cúthalion 'Strongbow'; friend and companion of Túrin, by whom he was slain. 190, 225-6, 230, 243-8, 251-7, 278. Index of Names.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List