Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

Ch. 34 - The Green Parrot, Fourth Circle, Minas Tirith – A Tribble

"Ho! Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go,
To heal my heart and drown my woe…”

Merry looked long and hard at Pippin. “Why are you singing that? It doesn’t belong here; it belongs in the Shire.”

“It belongs wherever a Hobbit is, isn’t that right, Sam?”

“‘Course it is, Pippin. I don’t fancy it here though, so I see what Merry’s gettin’ on about.”

“What about you, Frodo? Do you think it’s wrong to sing it in Minas Tirith?”

“No. It feels right. It feels good. Pippin, because of you, I am content. And I have not felt content since we left the Shire.”

“Not even in Rivendell, Mr. Frodo?” Sam asked in wonder.

“Not even in Rivendell, my dear Sam.”

“It’s the ale, Sam. It’s even better than the ale at the Stuffed Sheep at Stock.” Pippin scrambled to the top of the table and lifted his glass. “I declare this the finest ale east of the Shire!” He quaffed the rest of the pint, swiped his hand over his mouth for the last drops, and licked his hand.

The entire bar broke into laughter. Costa’s son, Jimmy, brought over another four pints, placing them on the table. “A gift from my father and me.” He bowed low and left them.

Frodo sat, dumbfounded. Never had he been offered free ale – not even in the Shire.

Merry joined Pippin, holding onto his pint while pounding his feet in the song’s familiar beat.

“Ho! Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go,
To heal my heart and drown my woe…”

The other Hobbits quickly joined in, followed by Aragorn and Gandalf.

”Rain may fall and wind may blow,
And many miles be still to go
But under a tall tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by."

~*~

A/N - This triple drabble was written in memory of many wonderful nights in the Green Parrot in Wellington, NZ. The cast had their farewell dinner at this glorious establishment and it is mentioned in the extended DVD’s. The song, of course, is Tolkien's from FOTR.

A Warm and Grateful “Thank You” from Agape to our Hosts: Angelo, Costa, Dimitri and Jimmy Sakoufakis at The Green Parrot, Wellington, NZ. Three times Agape has been there, and three times they have treated her as friend!’ Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo, a star shines on the hour of our meeting!’





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List